Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Chance of a Lifetime


Hola! I'm Chandler, a 16 year old girl from Ohio in the 10th grade. I am applying for AFS, an exchange organization, to hopefully go to Argentina, Chile, or Costa Rica! I am hoping to go on this program in February of 2012, for the year spring program. A main reason for me wanting to do AFS is to become fluent in Spanish. I have fallen in love with language :D ES MI VIDA!!!!! I know that even if I’m placed somewhere that they don’t speak spanish, my experience will still be one of a life time. The last year of my life I have envisioned this and slowly I am getting closer to achieving that dream. Spanish has taken a roll in my life, I want to major in the language in college. Everything about it makes me happy (except the preterite and imperfect differences jaja and the subjunctive, but who really likes those?). The way the words roll of my tongue, listening to music (Juanes, Camila, etc.), the people, culture, life style, are all things I want to learn. I know I sound crazy cheesy haha but hey its the truth! My family has been involved with AFS since I was in the 6th grade when we hosted for the first time. Since then we have hosted 3 times, and I have met some pretty amazing people from all corners of the world. When they tell me about their countries, I just want to travel there. I think doing a year abroad will change a lot for me. Hopefully I won't be as scared of doing certain things after this experience. I know it will open doors to me that I could never even dream of. I want to experience daily life in a spanish speaking country, meet new people, and learn spanish! 
Me and my best friend, Megan
Me 

I am applying for AFS in a matter of weeks. Cross your fingers that I get accepted and everything goes well :) Gracias! Adios… hasta luego (see ya later)! (6 WEEKS!) :) Btw I just got my new passport! Its way better then the last one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment